Posted 2 weeks ago by tierbeer
Hi all! As always, Tom and the team appreciate your enthusiasm and patience as Zapoco continues to grow and evolve. We are supremely excited to announce several new features and various tweaks/fixed, all of which are detailed below. This is the first release that has been collaborated on by the entire development team, and we are excited to continue to expand the scope of our lovely little apocalypse.
Several of the the things we are most excited about:
1. Squad Raids are up and running! A very neat piece of functionality was created by ThunderGunExpress - essentially an NPC generator that will generate zombies and other survivors for you to fight against. No more having to wait in line to attack each other! We hope to continue to expand the NPC generator's use into scavenges and explores.
2. Quests! Our goal is to eventually create a sweeping story that will take players through the apocalypse, and we've created a few initial quests that will provide access to new items and features.
With any major new features, there will be tweaks and fixes needed. If you encounter something fishy, please use https://www.zapoco.com/report to send us the details so we can take a look.
We hope you enjoy! xo Tom, Thunder, Merlin, Maser, and Tier
Quests have been added!
- On your home page you will now find a link to the quest screen
- Warning. Some quests are hard! But you can cancel them at any time and pick up where you left off later.
- More quests will come soon.
Scavenges have been updated:
- Exp for higher level scavenges have been significantly increased
- Vaccine drops have been adjusted
- Item drop rates have been adjusted
- Most scavenges can now drop an item
Bleeding exp has been rebalanced
Squad raids have been reworked:
- Squad raids now assign a unique NPC to each member
- Each raid now have a fixed entry vaccines cost
- Each raid now have a fixed difficulty
- Squad raids now give limited edition items as a reward
Damage calculations have been updated:
- You will now do more damage on average, so draws will be less common
- You will now crit more, and more noticeably
- You will now miss more, but chance to hit can go up to 100%
- If you would have more than 100% chance to hit, you now can do a "speed crit" that does extra damage.
- The result of having much higher or lower stats than your opponent has been reduced
Weapons have ben rebalanced:
- Weapons are now much closer to each other in power. (Don't worry, ZP1 is still the best weapon in the game.)
NPCs have been rebalanced:
- NPCs will now be easier to kill from 50 hp. However, some of them has had their max hp increased to compensate.
- NPCs will now do more damage. Dying against them before you draw will now be a real concern.
New awards have been added!
Fishing has been added! It will be expanded on soon.
Hands 2 weeks ago
Awesome stuff guys!
2anonymous4you 2 weeks ago
Gamers 2 weeks ago
Padfoot 2 weeks ago
so far so great!
Rick_Grimes 2 weeks ago
Great Content. Excited to try these Quests out!
bc 2 weeks ago
wooooooooooooooo, go team!
Quickace 2 weeks ago
SO HYPEDDDD, great job guys
tierbeer 2 weeks ago
Tips for Squad Raids - The rewards vary based off location. The farther away you travel to fight, the better your chance of getting epic loot <3
Kartanix 2 weeks ago
Hollenthon 2 weeks ago
Most positively intrigued with the "fishing" mechanic.
Samuel 2 weeks ago
Nice update :)
XDeathX 2 weeks ago
Its just me or can anyone else cant donate their item to sh anymore?
killja 2 weeks ago
where do you go to fish?
CaptainLoser 2 weeks ago
Love the update. Keep at it guys.
ThunderGunExpress 2 weeks ago
NotePad 2 weeks ago
"1. Squad Raids are up and running! A very neat piece of functionality was created by ThunderGunExpress - essentially an NPC generator that will generate zombies and other survivors for you to fight against. No more having to wait in line to attack each other! We hope to continue to expand the NPC generator's use into scavenges and explores." Oh, I thought you meant there is no need to wait in line for other PLAYERS to join the raid, so I guess there is still a wait for recruiting the sufficient number of players to start the raid.
Grampa W 2 weeks ago
H Y P E
redcrescent 2 weeks ago
where is the fishing location?
TSM 1 week ago
XDeathX 1 week ago
Is this the zombo army coming?
bc 1 week ago
Nice job on the new content gang! Enjoying all of it so far!
vtrlordc 1 week ago
more rewards for inviting new players will be good
NotePad 1 week ago
can't wait for the new content on REAL safehouse missions... instead of a boring build up safehouse security...